On April 18, the Nizami Ganjavi International Center, Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights, Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights UK, and the United States Institute of Peace convened a conversation on holding Russian President Vladimir Putin accountable for war crimes and massive human rights violations in Ukraine.
* Lise Grande, President and CEO, U.S. Institute of Peace, opening remarks
* Kerry Kennedy, moderator and President of Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Center for Human Rights
* Recorded remarks from: Gordon Brown, United Nations Special Envoy for Global Education and former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
* Lanny Breuer, former U.S. Assistant Attorney General, Vice Chair, Covington & Burling LLP
* Mark Ellis, Executive Director, International Bar Association
* Harold Hongju Koh, former Legal Adviser of the U.S. Department of State
* Ambassador William Taylor, Vice President, Russia and Europe, U.S. Institute of Peace
* Eka Tkeshelashvili, Head of Program (COP), Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions in Ukraine; member of Board of Trustees of Nizami Ganjavi Center
* Beth Van Schaack, U.S. State Department’s Ambassador-at-Large for Global Criminal Justice
* Iryna Venediktova, Prosecutor General of Ukraine
* Kateryna Yushchenko, former First Lady of Ukraine
USIP held a two-part discussion with Iraq’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Fuad Hussein and Minister of Migration and Displacement Evan Faeq Jabro. ...
Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed has signaled plans to launch a national dialogue and there are other efforts to build a national consensus on the political structure of Ethiopia. However, the country’s polarization — further deepened by the war — has created significant challenges in putting together an inclusive, genuine dialogue. On November 2, USIP hosted Ambassador Jeffrey Feltman, U.S. Special Envoy for the Horn of Africa, for an address to take stock of the Biden-Harris administration’s policy toward Ethiopia and pathways toward halting violence and renewing the promise of reform, peace and prosperity. Speakers Ambassador Jeffrey Feltman U.S. Special Envoy for the Horn of Africa Lise Grande, moderator President and CEO, U.S. Institute of Peace For more information about this event, please visit: https://www.usip.org/events/taking-stock-us-policy-ethiopia-conversation-ambassador-jeffrey-feltman ...
USIP is hosting a series of public discussions with Libyan leaders connected to the elections scheduled in the coming months. The third discussion, on November 18, featured Dr. Aref Ali Nayed, who is the chairman of Ihya Libya (Reviving Libya) — a registered political party — and has served as the former ambassador of Libya to the United Arab Emirates and is also the chairman of both Kalam Research & Media and the Libya Institute for Advanced Studies. Speakers Dr. Aref Ali Nayed Chairman, Ihya Libya Mike Yaffe, moderator Vice President, Middle East and North Africa Center, U.S. Institute of Peace For more information about this event, please visit: https://www.usip.org/events/libyan-general-elections-2021-discussion-series-libyan-leaders-1 ...